Aims of 10 Today
Our vision is a world where being physically active is part of daily life for older people.
At the moment, 42% of older people are physically inactive. You are more likely to be inactive the older you are. Yet physical activity protects against poor health and disease, improves mental health and maintains independence.
10 Today is a Demos project
Power and voice for individuals
Demos is a cross-party think tank working to bring Britain back together in an age of fast and accelerating change. We are working to deliver what we believe a cohesive democracy needs:
- Power and voice for individuals
- Connected and cohesive communities
- Shared prosperity and meaningful work
Understanding, debating and influencing
We specialise in understanding, debating and influencing the big trends that shift the landscape of public policy – especially the impact of technology on our society, democracy and economy.
We are a research and education charity. We work towards our goals by:
- Researching problems
- Involving citizens in deliberation to understand the values and motivations they apply to complex and difficult problems
- Developing policy solutions in an open and collaborative way
Improving the lives of older people
Our Active Ageing project, 10 Today, bring these goals and tools to life in a practical pilot to improve the lives of older people and tackle one of the great public health challenges the country faces.
- It gives individuals the tools to be active in their lives
- It’s been designed by older people, for older people – and will be led by them, too – giving voice
- It’s social, creating a community of participants, leaders, and collaborators
- We’re harnessing the power of technology for social impact