About 10 Today
It has been designed by and for older people to keep you physically active, boost your wellbeing, and help maintain your mobility and balance, during what we recognise may be an incredibly difficult and lonely time for many.
Each routine provides engaging and easy to follow routines that are a great way of staying active within your own home. They can be done at any time, whether standing up or sitting down, and are adaptable to different fitness levels.
Most people can get active without medical advice. However, if you do have difficulty managing the symptoms of your condition, seeking medical advice before increasing your activity levels may be helpful. Often, further condition-related information can be found on charity websites.
Remember to check government advice if you think you have any symptoms linked to coronavirus.
10 Today is a Demos project
Power and voice for individuals
Demos is a cross-party think tank working to bring Britain back together in an age of fast and accelerating change. We are working to deliver what we believe a cohesive democracy needs:
- Power and voice for individuals
- Connected and cohesive communities
- Shared prosperity and meaningful work
Understanding, debating and influencing
We specialise in understanding, debating and influencing the big trends that shift the landscape of public policy – especially the impact of technology on our society, democracy and economy.
We are a research and education charity. We work towards our goals by:
- Researching problems
- Involving citizens in deliberation to understand the values and motivations they apply to complex and difficult problems
- Developing policy solutions in an open and collaborative way
Improving the lives of older people
Our Active Ageing project, 10 Today, bring these goals and tools to life in a practical pilot to improve the lives of older people and tackle one of the great public health challenges the country faces.
- It gives individuals the tools to be active in their lives
- It’s been designed by older people, for older people – and will be led by them, too – giving voice
- It’s social, creating a community of participants, leaders, and collaborators
- We’re harnessing the power of technology for social impact